Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 6


Winter Learning Journey

Day 6, Activity 1

When the mist cleared, our waka saw the first sign of land. It was a spec in the distanced and as the elders paddled we got closer and closer. There was lots of green but more rocky. I felt really excited to find out this new country and the land but also very nervous what laid ahead.

Day 6, Activity 2

  1. Watch the Kapa Haka
  2. Watch Te Papa’s first Matariki ritual
  3. Listen to the Matauranga Maori knowledge and science panel discussion   

Day 6, Bonus Activity

#1 All Blacks vs Argentina
#2 All Blacks vs France
#3 All Blacks vs South Africa

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Jake!

    I love your poem Jake, well done!

    I don't think I could even imagine the mix of emotions that would be going on when discovering a new country for the first time! But I think you're right, it would be exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time!

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete